- Easy to strenuous hikes
- Nightly Ranger Campfires
- Daily Ranger Walks
- Summer Series programs at Parsons Memorial Lodge
Tuolumne Meadows is a sub-alpine meadow at an elevation of 8875 feet, 60 miles from Yosemite Valley. Free shuttle bus service generally runs from mid June through mid September.
Trails begin along the Tioga Road.
Roundtrip hikes include:
- Soda Springs/Parsons Memorial Lodge, 1.5 miles, 1 hour
- Dog Lake/Lembert Dome, 2.8 miles, 3 hours, elevation gain 600-850 feet
- Elizabeth Lake, 4.8 miles, 4-5 hours, elevation gain 1000 feet
- Cathedral Lakes, 7 miles, 4-6 hours, elevation gain 1000 feet
- Glen Aulin, 11 miles, 6-8 hours, elevation gain 800 feet
- Mono Pass, 8 miles, 2 hours, elevation gain 1000 feet
- Gaylor Lakes, 2 miles, 2 hours, elevation gain 500 feet
- Vogelsang Area, 13.8 miles, 6-8 hours, elevation gain 1360 feet
Plan & Prepare
Tioga Road is the only access to the Tuolumne Meadows hiking area, and it's generally open from late May to November, depending on weather conditions. Carry water and dress in layers. Pets and bicycles allowed on paved roads only. Use bear food storage lockers, no food in vehicles at night.