- Two trails: 2-mile paved and 5-mile loop
- Seasonal lake fed by Tenaya Creek
- Popular for swimming and picnicking
Mirror Lake generally dries up in the late summer, but visitors still frequent the area for the views and the pleasant meadow. The lake, located between the North Dome and Half Dome, reflects the scenery during peak months and is home to various wildlife. You can ride bikes to the final stretch, where you leave them at the designated bike stand and walk the remainder. At the lake you can swim and picnic.
The Mirror Lake trailhead is at the east end of Yosemite Valley, at shuttle stop #17.
- Paved trail: 2 miles roundtrip, 1 hour
- 5-mile loop: 2 hours
- Elevation gain approximately 100 feet
- Easy hike
- Trailhead at shuttle stop #17
Plan & Prepare
Leashed pets are allowed on paved trail, no pets on full loop around lake. There are crowds in summer, and the lake is usually dry by mid-season. Bike rentals are available at Yosemite Lodge and Curry Village.