- Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite is close to all amenities as well as many family activities
- This campground is open all year
- Camping fee is only $26 per night
- Call 877-444-6777 for reservations if coming from 15 March through November
- Enjoy many hiking trails that get you to marvelous sights
Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite is an excellent camping location, with a comfortable elevation, the Merced River flowing by and plenty to see and do nearby. Great for families! Each site comes complete with the standard picnic table and fire pit, and with access to drinking water. Another advantage is that it’s open year-round, so you can come anytime.
Upper Pines Campground Yosemite is reached by driving into Yosemite Valley to the end of Southside Drive, near Curry Village.
Upper Pines Yosemite requires reservations from 15 March through November. From December to 15 March, sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Call 877-444-6777 or Book Online.
Specifics for 2017
- Open – All year
- Fee - $26 per night
- # of Sites - 238
- Elevation - 4,000 feet
- Toilet Facilities - Flush toilets
- Showers and Laundry – Showers in Yosemite Valley at Curry Village (10-minute walk) and Housekeeping Camp, laundry in Curry Village
- Are generators permitted? Yes, sparingly during daytime hours
- RV sites available? Yes
- Is there a dump station? Yes
Nearby Activities & Attractions
Yosemite Upper Pines Campground puts you in close proximity to many fun outdoor activities as well as some stupendous sights within the park.
Bring your own raft or tube and go for a scenic float on the Merced River. You can also hire a guide for this activity.
There are numerous hikes nearby. You can hike to beautiful Mirror Lake or to Sentinel Dome and Taft Point. The longest hike of about 19 miles in length is the Half Dome Hike.
- Bike Riding
One great way to get around from this campground is to bring your bike and travel to the different villages. You can rent a bike, too, if you haven’t brought your own.