Yosemite National Park offers the visitor a wide range of outdoor activities to enjoy. Camping is the main attraction of the park, so it's important to know the basic rules and regulations that have been established before visiting. This will ensure that you treat the park and other visitors with respect.
- Camping in your vehicle is not allowed on every campsite; in fact, it's only permitted in certain areas of the park.
- Each campsite allows a maximum of 6 people.
- Pets are allowed in some campgrounds only – when they are permitted they must be leashed and cannot enter hiking trails or be left alone.
- Quiet hours are between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Generators can only be used in moderation between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Dispose of dishwater and sewage only in designated utility drains.
- Never connect electrical extension cords to campground restroom outlets.